The first section, and the shortest, is Work. When I was creating this list I realized that I wanted to focus a lot on other aspects of my life that could encompass “work” but that didn’t put me in such constricting goals. At this moment in time I don’t really know what I want to do in my future so that’s also a part of why it’s the shortest section.
1. Publish a book
2. Work in another country
3. Work on attaining a graduate/masters degree
4. Establish what career I want
I love to travel and I live in a constant state of wanderlust so there was no doubt in my mind that Travel would have a large part in my life. It’s not as long as I thought it was going to be but that’s because a lot of how I want to travel has changed. Since coming back from India, I have wanted to have more random experiences when it comes to travel. I extend my Life and Experiences that could occur anywhere in the world.
5. Taj Mahal
6. Great Wall of China
7. Pyramids of Giza
9. Visit the Scottish Highlands
10. See the Northern Lights
11. Take a cross country road trip
12. Go on a trip abroad with friends
Ah, Life. When it came down to writing down my goals with this section, I actually had to really think hard about what I wanted. At the end of the day, a lot of these goals are more ways that I want to live my life. Number 18 and 20 especially are goals that I don’t think I will reach for a while. I have them on my list because I know that I need to work on these aspects regardless of where I am in my life.
13. Face my fear and go on a cruise
14. Adapt a dog
15. Live in another country for at least 6 months
16. Become fluent in French
17. Write a letter on every birthday for 30 year old Akchita to open
18. Forgive myself
19. Trace my familial roots
20. Be truly content
21. Keep a written journal for an entire year (write every single day)
22. Get a tattoo
If there is one thing that I want in my life it is to truly experience my life to the fullest. I want to be completely absorbed in a moment that is not an experience I will have every single day. “Kiss in the rain,” for example, comes from the fact that I’m a die-hard romantic.
23. Go skydiving
24. Go to a concert
25. Eat at a Michelin star restaurant
26. Celebrate 30th in a new city
27. Experience New Years in a new city
28. Fly first class once (at least)
29. See a sunrise and sunset in a new place
30. Kiss in the rain
If there’s one thing I know from all of my goals is that I could accomplish a lot of them at the same time. I could live in a country for at least six months for work where I could fly in first class and so on and so forth. I won’t be keeping this list in an extremely limited because I want to be able to change, add, and remove aspects of these goals. Change and growth are a huge part of life and I want this list of 30 before 30 to always reflect that.