I spent the day working on my outline and revamping it to fit better with the story. I know the characters better than I did at the beginning and I also know more details about the story itself. This has been a challenge but at least now I know what has and hasn’t worked.
I spent too much time setting up the characters and their lives so I need to push back. I think I can do this by removing about 15,000 words–which is a lot–of the story that don’t need to be there.
- Figure out what scenes need to be cut
- Figure out how to connect the scenes with each other
- What new information did I come up with that I didn’t have in my outline
- How does this change the details (what is the name of my MC’s therapist, what is the name of her co-workers, what is the LI’s co-workers name, etc).
- Now that I have decided what scenes need to be cut, how can I establish my MC’s current state in a way that’s done well
Leave a Reply